Group and one-on-one swim lessons, provided by Patriot Aquatics, are available year-round and are structured around age and skill proficiency. All swim lessons follow the SwimAmerica curriculum developed by the American Swimming Coaches Association and provide one of the best learn-to-swim progression programs. With 10 stations to master through the entire program, each swimmer moves at their own pace learning proper stroke technique and water safety.
- For children ages four and up who are comfortable in a group setting.
- Participants must already be proficient in the water and able to jump in and swim on their own.
- All participants are tested on their ability the first day of class and placed into a group of three to four other children with similar swimming ability.
- Lessons run for 30 minutes.
- Group instructors will maintain 6 feet of separation from participants while in the water. Instructors are required to wear face coverings when out of the water.
- Designed for non-swimmers ages 18 months and up, less proficient swimmers who cannot swim on their own or goal-oriented swimmers looking for individual attention.
- Lessons run for 15 minutes but can be increased to 30 minutes with the purchase of an additional 15-minute time block (30-minute lessons are recommended for ages four and up only).
- Swim instructors are required to wear face shields during one-on-one lessons.
Sessions run in two-week intervals with eight lessons held Monday through Thursday. Make-up lessons are held on Fridays at the lesson's regularly scheduled time. Registration begins February 15.
|Class Type||Available Sessions||Times|
|Group Morning||Sessions 7 - 11 Only||9:30 - 10 a.m.|
10:05 - 10:35 a.m.
10:40 - 11:10 a.m.
|One-on-One Morning||Sessions 5 - 11 Only||9 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Group Evening||All Sessions||5:45 - 6:15 p.m.|
6:20 - 6:50 p.m.
|One-on-One Evening||All Sessions||4 - 7 p.m.|
|Session 1||March 1 - 12|
|Session 2||March 22 - April 2|
|Session 3||April 5 - 6|
|Session 4||April 19 -30|
|Session 5||May 3 - 14|
|Session 6||May 17 - 28|
|Session 7||May 31 - June 11*|
|Session 8||June 14 - 25|
|Session 9||June 28 - July 9|
|Session 10||July 12 - 23|
|Session 11||July 26 - August 6|
|Session 12||August 9 - 20|
*Note: No classes are held on Monday, May 31. The Memorial Day make-up session is Friday, June 4.
- Group: $75 first session/$67.50 each additional session.
- One-On-One: $110 first session/$99 each additional session.
Patriot Aquatics has been part of the Altamonte Springs community since 1980 and provides a year-round competitive and recreation swim program out of Westmonte Recreation Center. Activities are designed to teach proper water safety and proficiency in swimming and are available to individuals of all ages and abilities. For more information on Patriot Aquatics programs and to register, please visit www.PatriotAquatics.com or call (407) 862-2207.
Health & Safety Guidelines
- Participants are urged to follow established guidance on personal hygiene, hand washing and hand sanitizer.
- Those exhibiting symptoms of illness are strongly encouraged to self-isolate and limit personal interaction outside of their homes.
- Participants should arrive no earlier than five (5) minutes prior to the start of a session.
- Participants should arrive to the pool prepared to enter the water. Showering, changing and use of lockers are not permitted at this time.
- Locker rooms and family restroom will be limited to restroom use and hand washing only.
- The pool deck shower will be available and limited to rinsing off.
- Reservations are required for recreational use of the pool.
- At the completion of a session, participants should gather their belongings, exit the pool facility and head straight back to the parking lot.
- Participants should not loiter in the parking lot.
- Participants are encouraged to maintain 6 feet of separation from others when possible.
- The City has enhanced its cleaning and disinfecting schedule and procedures.